One of the difficulties about stress is that it can work for you or against you. Low levels of stress can improve your performance, however high levels of stress impede performance. One of the difficulties is that many people when they notice stress, react by doubling their efforts. Then problems come thick and fast, it […]
Lawrence K Mathea was our guide and driver for our safari in Kenya. Lawrence wants to set up his own company and although he has 22 years knowledge, skills and is qualified as a guide in Kenya he does not have the financial capacity to get his project off the ground. There is no bank […]
Whilst driving to our safari we saw glimpses of what life is in the villages of Kenya including ramble shacks as buildings, goats and cattle everywhere, immersed in litter and of course no pavements or structure. As we bounced along those unmade roads the villages including all black faces did not appear to be welcoming […]
There is a danger of becoming a couch potato and no, I couldn’t do without Sky! Many play golf and I must admit I have misgivings not being able to play with Anton, my son, but I don’t want to start playing a sport badly with little prospect of dramatic improvement and then get frustrated. […]
When I started my career, as long as you were qualified and “kept your nose clean”, effectively you had a job for life. How times have changed. Company margins are under increasing pressure and many people are made redundant, some on more than one occasion. How do people feel when they are made redundant? Is […]
Many people are unhappy in their existing job. Are you? Do you have a boss who undermines you?Has the organisation changed so much and that you no longer believe in it?Are you just fed up with continuously being in the same role and don’t feel you make a difference?Logically, many would say now isn’t the […]
How are you planning for 2011 and beyond? Unfortunately, we are no longer in a world where we have a contract of employment for life. For some this will be regarded as an opportunity to try something new or have a change. For others, the prospect of a major change in employment every five years […]
As you are probably aware I am a career coach and I come across many examples of the difficulties that individuals have as well as their families. This is an example from a friend who gives an illustration of what I am afraid is only going to get worse over the next couple of years. […]
I am in two internet joke telling circles and somehow my previous post about Joshua Bell slipped through the net. The experiment made me stop and think and I forwarded it on to a couple of coaches. One of these, Anne Pink from New Horizons, sent through the following poem. The poem was written in […]
Sign up for the Meaningful Moments newsletter
- My Experience of being Semi-Retired and Retirement Coaching
- Why Accountability meetings are so important
- How to get results out of Leadership Teams
- Why is this a Christmas gift to me?
- How Companies/Coachees benefit from Coaching
- Self Esteem, the power of, or the lack of it!
- What do I want to do with the rest of my life?
- What does middle age and old age mean today?
- How to Listen
- Why use me as a coach or coach supervisor
- Coming out of a Pandemic, hopefully for good and how should leaders lead!
- Why I don’t believe in New Year resolutions
- Staying positive in life makes the world of difference
- Imposter Syndrome 2021
- How Coaching can be successful for you
How can I help you?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why values are so important for Business
- What is going to be the long-term impact Covid-19?
- The First 100 Days
- Why I enjoy being a coach, mentor or supervisor of coaches
- 10 Essential Tips for Owners and Managers
- Retirement Planning/ Life Plan/ Planning for enjoying yourself in later life
- Are you Worth it?
- Changing the way you think, to fulfil your potential?
- Do what you have always done and get what you have always got!
- How having a business mentor or coach can support you to be even better than you are now