It seems that a number of my coachees are getting involved with presenting on topics at the moment. This is relevant whether it be a business presentation, best man speech or a funeral eulogy (my most difficult ever presentation). Presenting seems to be people’s greatest fear, sometimes even more than dying, which is a bit […]
I don’t know about you, but I never seem to promote myself in the best possible way. I remember saying once I was a coach and the chap I was talking to, said, what like a rowing boat coach! Well, I was at a networking session this morning, which is a rare thing for me […]
After my last edition of Meaningful Moments about fonts and getting a company’s marketing strategy right, I thought I would follow up with this one regarding personal brands. Talking about a personal bran, sounds too impersonal to me, it makes me think of an artificial layer in front of the real you. I have a […]
This is the title of a book by Sally Pearce who I coached nearly 10 years ago. The book is a business owner’s step by step guide to creating a great brand. Helping a new business to identify its niche and stand out from the crowd. I wish I had had this book 18 years […]
It is great when I get feedback from my Meaningful Moments and ideas for the next edition. So, thank you for the suggestions and keep them coming please. For those business owners considering selling their business, it is a bit like buying and selling houses; it takes a lot longer than you think. Getting ready […]
After my last Meaningful Moments on long term relationships, I had feedback from one of my ex-clients that he thought he might be using coaching as a crutch which made me think I should elucidate. As I mentioned, with specific objectives in mind, coaching is normally a 6-month development activity. Normally this to help the […]
It all started in 2008 at a networking event when I got into conversation with an MD who had certain business issues and it turned out he needed a sounding board to bounce things off confidentially. We followed up with a meeting at my house and then we continued this mentoring arrangement for many years […]
A number of my articles have focused on how different it is to be both an employer and an employee since Covid. Here is another after I recently sat in on a webinar hosted by Tentwo.org and these were my takeaways. 76% of employees want flexible hours after Covid 52% of the larger employers give […]
Whether it is coaching or mentoring, both skills relate to the coach or mentor listening acutely and posing questions for the coachee or mentee to see their situation a lot clearer. For most of the following examples, an accredited coach will be best; the first example could be either a coach or a mentor. Transitioning […]
I have chosen some sporting themes this month that could relate to each of us in becoming successful, whether it is in business or life. For Christmas I asked for a book written by Ian Holloway – How to be a successful Football Manager. I based my request on Ian being an interesting character who […]
Sign up for the Meaningful Moments newsletter
- How to prepare for Presentations or Speeches
- How do we promote ourselves?
- What is a Personal Brand all about?
- What colour is your Font?
- Time to Exit your business and Succession Management
- Mentoring is not a crutch
- Long term Relationships can be so good
- Managing Flexible People
- When might you require coaching or mentoring?
- What does it take to be successful?
- The importance of Reflection with somebody we trust
- How to make your Business work better
- From Work Life to New Life
- Putting People and Purpose First
- Is it retirement of 3rd age coaching?
How can I help you?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why values are so important for Business
- What is going to be the long-term impact Covid-19?
- The First 100 Days
- Why I enjoy being a coach, mentor or supervisor of coaches
- 10 Essential Tips for Owners and Managers
- Retirement Planning/ Life Plan/ Planning for enjoying yourself in later life
- Are you Worth it?
- Changing the way you think, to fulfil your potential?
- Do what you have always done and get what you have always got!
- How having a business mentor or coach can support you to be even better than you are now