Pointers for sixth formers, graduates and parents and how the support of a good coach can help 1 What subjects should the student take in the sixth form to give themselves the right platform for what they want to do going forward? My daughters found completing a Prism Profile (www.prismbrainmapping.com ) a good basis for […]
J had been working at his current job for nearly 3 years, a few months longer than he expected. In his career plan J had decided that 2 years would give him additional knowledge and enough of a challenge to add to his CV before he moved on and upwards in his career. I had […]
I think this question is applicable whether you are in your 20’s, as a new successful graduate, or in your 50’s, when things can look very different after a successful career. I can vaguely remember in my 20’s when I was guided by my Dad into a career in insurance at Royal Insurance’s head office […]
I recall the time of about a year, when I suffered from lack of sleep and it had nothing to with drinking or not going to bed early enough, or even when our children were babies. It was when I had a stressful job, when I was working away from home throughout the week and […]
I have taken all of the thoughts for this article from Mike Brearley’s book “On Form”. Although Mike was a cricketer, he is a lot more than that and hopefully the following points he makes in his book are very transferable to other things. I must admit, the deeper I read into the book, the […]
In November I was fortunate to go to a presentation by Nicola Arnold and Sanela Lukanovic on ‘debunking the myths on Perfectionism and Self Compassion’. This was what I took away from the seminar bearing in mind I am NOT a perfectionist but in the last 14 years I have coached many people who are. […]
I am not sure where this expression came from and it does not sound particularly good English but it is very descriptive of how many people and businesses don’t react or plan, in these ever-changing times. When I started coaching eleven years ago, women were a lot more open to change similar to how they […]
Whether I am called a mentor (somebody who has had business experience and can pass on knowledge) or a coach (accredited by the Association of Coaching) does not matter to me, I am there to support YOU build your business. In the 11 years I have been a business coach/mentor there have been many reasons […]
I have just spent a couple of days in a rather wet Yorkshire and before I took Jenny our 7 year old Cavalier, out for a walk on the Moors I thought I would jot down my formula for career coaching. I don’t really believe in the A-Z of outplacement. When somebody is made redundant […]
Extracts taken from ‘Crew to Captain’ by David Mellor. This is an excellent book for somebody considering going from corporate to running their own business or having a portfolio career. Having taken this trip 6 years ago I can relate to many of David’s tales. 50% of small businesses fail in the first year, 80% […]
Sign up for the Meaningful Moments newsletter
- My Experience of being Semi-Retired and Retirement Coaching
- Why Accountability meetings are so important
- How to get results out of Leadership Teams
- Why is this a Christmas gift to me?
- How Companies/Coachees benefit from Coaching
- Self Esteem, the power of, or the lack of it!
- What do I want to do with the rest of my life?
- What does middle age and old age mean today?
- How to Listen
- Why use me as a coach or coach supervisor
- Coming out of a Pandemic, hopefully for good and how should leaders lead!
- Why I don’t believe in New Year resolutions
- Staying positive in life makes the world of difference
- Imposter Syndrome 2021
- How Coaching can be successful for you
How can I help you?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why values are so important for Business
- What is going to be the long-term impact Covid-19?
- The First 100 Days
- Why I enjoy being a coach, mentor or supervisor of coaches
- 10 Essential Tips for Owners and Managers
- Retirement Planning/ Life Plan/ Planning for enjoying yourself in later life
- Are you Worth it?
- Changing the way you think, to fulfil your potential?
- Do what you have always done and get what you have always got!
- How having a business mentor or coach can support you to be even better than you are now