Who knows, as we could still be in the middle of it, if a second wave takes place! In the meantime, my coaching and coach supervision business has now become either virtual or outside walking. How has Covid impacted you and your business/employer? Working from home has been beneficial for some and a lot harder […]
Pointers for sixth formers, graduates and parents and how the support of a good coach can help 1 What subjects should the student take in the sixth form to give themselves the right platform for what they want to do going forward? My daughters found completing a Prism Profile (www.prismbrainmapping.com ) a good basis for […]
Anne is one of my favourite people and like me she is a coach. Just by being a coach, however, does not mean we know all of the answers when we are in the situation whatever that is. Having somebody independent to talk to helps a great deal. I have never coached Anne but since […]
J had been working at his current job for nearly 3 years, a few months longer than he expected. In his career plan J had decided that 2 years would give him additional knowledge and enough of a challenge to add to his CV before he moved on and upwards in his career. I had […]
I was invited to a collaboration morning with Strategic UK, Darren Berry and his team last month when I was kindly given a book called “Start with Why” by Simon Sinek. It was interesting because as a coach, one of the questions we were trained never to ask, was WHY as it can be seen […]
I remember reading a book called “Who moved my Cheese” by Dr Spencer Johnson about 20 years ago. One of my fellow managers at the time didn’t get it. The theme in my mind was, if something changes, we need to adapt and change our approach and be proactive in our approach. I received his […]
I have just spent a couple of days in a rather wet Yorkshire and before I took Jenny our 7 year old Cavalier, out for a walk on the Moors I thought I would jot down my formula for career coaching. I don’t really believe in the A-Z of outplacement. When somebody is made redundant […]
How did you find the Olympics; frustrating, exhilarating, exhausting or just basic good fun?Life can be a little like this! I had to do my annual accounts on Thursday 2nd August; a task I find the most boring and tedious I have to do in a year. This year I had my laptop in the […]
I have just returned from the enriching experience of walking 50 odd miles of the Pennine Way with a group of ageing chaps (some reminders of Last of the Summer Wine) where we indulged in much walking, conversation, whisky (not me, I can’t stand the stuff!) beer and gin drinking, a variety of very pleasant […]
Coaching is difficult to explain to people unless you have experienced it. Selling the benefits of coaching is even more difficult because it doesn’t feel right blowing your own trumpet if you are a coach. So, why not get someone else to do that for you. As a coach of executives, middle management and careers, […]
Sign up for the Meaningful Moments newsletter
- How to prepare for Presentations or Speeches
- How do we promote ourselves?
- What is a Personal Brand all about?
- What colour is your Font?
- Time to Exit your business and Succession Management
- Mentoring is not a crutch
- Long term Relationships can be so good
- Managing Flexible People
- When might you require coaching or mentoring?
- What does it take to be successful?
- The importance of Reflection with somebody we trust
- How to make your Business work better
- From Work Life to New Life
- Putting People and Purpose First
- Is it retirement of 3rd age coaching?
How can I help you?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why values are so important for Business
- What is going to be the long-term impact Covid-19?
- The First 100 Days
- Why I enjoy being a coach, mentor or supervisor of coaches
- 10 Essential Tips for Owners and Managers
- Retirement Planning/ Life Plan/ Planning for enjoying yourself in later life
- Are you Worth it?
- Changing the way you think, to fulfil your potential?
- Do what you have always done and get what you have always got!
- How having a business mentor or coach can support you to be even better than you are now